Sunday, October 12, 2014

College Is A Weird Thing

Just like the weather, everything is changing.


I started college about six weeks ago, and now everything is changing. My attitude, my actions, my words, what I eat, my work habits, life plans, the way I intereact with people, how I think of myself, my relationship with Jesus..... Everything. Some good, some bad. It's been a confusing few weeks for me. 
  • College so far has made me realize that it is not the only way to be successful, and all those people shouting that an expensive education is where your worth and value come from, don't know diddly squat. 
  • It has taught me that people come from all different walks of life, and that everything you do effects the people around you. And these people, whether you believe in or do the same things, are human and deserve love.
  • Food from the student union makes your stomach feel weird things after awhile.
  •  College has taught me that you will make mistakes and that's okay. That you find out more about yourself in one week than you have in most of your lifetime. 
  • It has also taught me responsibility in time managment, school work, money, and just about everything else.
  • And it has taught me that it is okay to question the "norm," of your life and explore new thoughts and actions. I feel like i'm finally learning about who I am and what I believe in on my own personal time and level. Not what I felt like society was telling me my life should or should not look like. I'm finding out who I am before the world told me who I was. (I read that somewhere I think, i'm not that cool to make that up)




No comments:

Post a Comment