Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful For Winchester

Well, I've got to add to the long list of people today who are posting what they are thankful for. I've decided i'd like to make a collective list of things that i'm thankful for since moving to Winchester. Even though I have decided to move back to Ohio next month, I am still in awe of the ways God has worked in my life over these last few months (even when it's been so incredibly tough.)
So let's get started!



I am thankful that...

  • Jesus is King, even when I try to rule over my own life during certain times, even when I claim to be anything but His. He somehow always brings me back to Him, and that is the biggest blessing of my life. 

  • I was hired at Planet Fitness when I moved to Winchester. Throughout my time here getting to know my wonderful coworkers, I have gotten to experience so much community and life with them. They make me laugh on the daily, and have cared for me so well. I will miss them all dearly when I move back home, but I know we will all still keep in touch.
  •  
  • Even though my anxiety and depression have come in waves, often crashing unexpectedly, I have continued learning how much I still need Jesus. I think it's easy for us to forget about that sometimes when life is going well, and moving to Winchester has forced me to recognize that fact again. I hope I continue to learn this.
  •  
  • I met Micah. He is so incredibly sweet to me. He shows me Jesus in the way he cares for me and my heart and my life. He is always so quick to offer up himself to serve me well, and always goes the extra mile to reassure me how much he thinks of me and how loved I am by God. His intentionality is something I’ve prayed over for so long.
  •  
  • I have had the opportunity to move into my Young Life Area Director and his wife’s house. Ben and Jill have blessed me so much since moving here – Whether it be with food, friendship, their time, and especially their home, they never hesitate to offer up what they can to help me out. Their kindness, laughter, and willingness to share Jesus with me has been crucial for me.
  •  
  • I have made so many new friends since moving here. I have met so many kind, caring, funny, smart, charismatic, genuine people and my heart is so full because of them. Although our time has been short, it has been so full.
  •  
  • Moving away makes you realize how much you already had back at home. It’s so easy for us to desire and long for more, to not be thankful for what we already have. My time away has made me appreciate my home, my family, and my friends on a level I didn’t know was possible. In all of the little and big things, easy and hard, they have helped mold me into who I am and who I continue to grow to be. I would never take back my time in Winchester, but it sure does make me thankful for life back home. I know I will move away again someday, and I will make sure to take this lesson with me when I go.

There are many more things I am thankful for, that I have learned, and that God is doing in my life. This was just a short list. I encourage you to make your own list today, to share it with the people you care most about. I’m praying for blessings headed your way, for a great day with family and friends, and for lots of yummy food. Be blessed, y’all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment